Saturday, August 14, 2004

THE DEATH OF FECUNDMELLOW

last thursday (august 12), somebody stole my bookbag. in it, among other things, was about 5 years worth of my writing. needless to say, i'm really sad and depressed about the whole thing. i know i've been grieving, because the loss is still so abstract to me that i can't really feel, or grasp the concept of this void quite yet. i know that sounds sort of crazy, but i'm a writer, and we're pretty quirky people, with interesting habits to say the least.

that said, i don't think i'll be continuing fecundmellow. i just don't feel like writing. for me, any form of writing was/is therapeutic, so blogging has been a lot of my therapy recently. i guess it didn't really matter whether anyone read it or commented or whatever, it was simply the act of writing that kept me sane. now that i've lost the written evidence of my memories, i don't think writing can serve the same purpose it once had in my life, so i don't feel like writing anymore.

if i ever get my weight back up, maybe i'll try this blog thing again.

no promises.

thanks for reading, mom and anonymous.

later,
sm


language alone protects us from the scariness of things with no names. language alone is meditation. ~toni morrison

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This may sound melodramatic, but I'm very sorry for your loss. I remember the first few months after my camera was stolen, it felt like I went blind.
yours,
Ben

15/8/04 12:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur still my super star!!! keep writin my love

love ya sis nelle!!!

15/8/04 15:22  
Blogger J said...

I am so sorry that you lost your writing. I cannot imagine...

And I'm going to miss fecundmellow -- its take-no-prisoners attitude, its hands-on-hips stance, its refusal to accommodate bullshit anywhere. Oh wait! I still get to see all that in person with you! Yay!

17/8/04 00:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry, and I'm going to miss fecundmellow.

17/8/04 10:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No!!!

19/8/04 09:03  
Blogger summer of sam said...

um...is there more than one anonymous?

i'm confused now.

19/8/04 09:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer,

You're my girl! I've been a pretty die-hard fecundmellow follower for some time now (just never commented - you know me!!). The recent injustice that you've suffered recently has really pissed me off. If you find out who the bastard is, I'm getting in my car and driving all the way from MISSISSIPPI and whooppin' some ass. Stay up, and I really hope that you get your urge to write back. It really gives me something to do/read while i'm sitting in class.

Holla Black,

Ya Boy from Da Sip'

19/8/04 09:52  
Blogger summer of sam said...

my boy from da sip!!!!

that alone makes me wanna blog again.

19/8/04 09:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home