Wednesday, July 20, 2005

snippet of a random conversation: take 2


summer: yeah, well i just didn't know if i needed to attach it [some additional part] to the actual air conditioner itself.

dad: well, just make sure when you put it in, it's secure. next thing you know, a strong wind will come, knock it [the air conditioner] out the window, and it'll fall, and you'll kill somebody.

...blahblahblah
...blahblahblah

summer: aight then. thanks, dad.

this is what i mean when i say my dad disasterizes situations. interestingly enough, this scenario didn't end up in homelessness, but rather involuntary manslaughter. needless to say, i am now more paranoid than ever about my a/c falling out of my window.

until next time, you might scroll down and peep sex tag or snippet take 1 if you haven't already. there is also being bobby brown: the blog which will assuredly prepare you for tomorrow night's new episode.


language alone protects us from the scariness of things with no names. language alone is meditation. ~toni morrison

5 Comments:

Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

I feel you on that, my old man used to do the same thing.

20/7/05 14:17  
Blogger courtney said...

awww...he was JUST tryna help....BE NICE!

20/7/05 15:23  
Blogger -_- said...

Aww. I love Happy Bunny as well!!! :) The "cute but psycho" tag is all me...

20/7/05 18:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My father is exactly the same way and he is sometimes impatient while trying to explain something and instead of giving me the chance to correct my mistake, he will push me aside and do it and then smile at the end and say..."SEE." All the while explaining to me the importance of hooking up the dvd, vcr, and tv correctly!!

20/7/05 21:15  
Blogger Robert Schumacher said...

I'm like that, too (like your Dad, that is)...it's the engineer in me, seeing/designing against the worst possible outcome.

I've actually got one of those tshirts with that very "Happy Bunny"...and yes, I wear it (go on...call me a girl.../don't care). It annoys the hell out of the Chiefs in our morning PT at work.

I've also got the one that says "You smell like butt." :)

30/7/05 02:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home