Tuesday, August 02, 2005

it's an honor to be nominated, nigga.


it is time for friends and members of the race to celebrate! someone had the genius idea of starting the black weblog awards, and voting for 2005 is officially underway.

i encourage any and all to head over to the website to submit nominations and cast votes.

i know that i'm definitely voting for the sex for best lgbt blog, and prolly my girl, saf for best writing in a blog. (if you're interested in my other fave blogs, let me know and i'll list them.)

I PROMISE YOU DUBYA WILL NOT WIN ANYTHING!!!!

(also, regarding the rules, i'm not on the staff, but i assume that if you're at least 1/16 black, you're black enough to be nominated.)


language alone protects us from the scariness of things with no names. language alone is meditation. ~toni morrison

6 Comments:

Blogger lilmzbabygrl said...

I voted... I think that this is pretty cool.

2/8/05 13:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to thank God, my manager... Oh, wait. You said "nominate." My bad. A nigga jumped the gun.

2/8/05 21:01  
Blogger summer of sam said...

@saf: don't trip, i feel you. if i am nominated and win, i promise to publish my acceptance speech. and that shit will become a legendary moment in black blog history.

but you and i both know shit like that doesn't happen to sick fucks like us.

2/8/05 22:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been lurking on your blog for a minute....thought i'd come out the lurkdome closet and tell you how much i love your blog

4/8/05 00:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm a fucking idiot, but I can't figure out the ballot for the fucking blog awards. Help me, please. I want to nominate you for best humor blog.

4/8/05 03:42  
Blogger summer of sam said...

@killimanjaro: well thanx for coming out of the woodwork and commenting. i love it when lurkers make their presence known.

@saf: just go to the black weblog awards website, click on awards, scroll down, fill out the form, and click vote. after you've done that, you should get a page that tells you who/what you just voted for. i hope that makes sense, and thanx for the love, homie.

4/8/05 07:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home