Wednesday, February 22, 2006

summer m.: a look back


it's my birthday. and though i'd like to post 26 wishes (that'll happen friday), i'm gonna post pics of me over the last 10 years. this isn't my own, self-centered idea. hell, i barely even look in the mirror when i brush my teeth. a while ago, phoenix (the one with the longest shout out on my blog roll) suggested that i post pics of me from the last ten years. just to show, iono, that for three semesters in college i tried to be a girl. so here goes...

1995

the kid.

1996

yeah, basketball gear and shit.

1997

what you know about senior pictures? (peep that nike, playa.)

1998
if you wanna see it, click here. if you don't wanna see me at my girliest, don't go there. warning: this shit will be removed by 1900 hours central standard time.

1999

fresh perm (comma) yo.

2000

what's that on my lips?

2001

still a bit, um, girl-ish.

2002

yeah, nigga, fuck you.

2003

my birthday 2003. that's one of my best pals, candace.

2004

keeping it gangsta during a chicago autumn.

2005

iono, playa.

2006

fyi: i cut my hair the other day.


language alone protects us from the scariness of things with no names. language alone is meditation. ~toni morrison

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha...this was great----lolol. good job L on the suggestion...good stuff

22/2/06 07:44  
Blogger Harold Gibson said...

da playas are cryin cuz you off the block girl. I know you the L word but nevertheless You a fly honey.

22/2/06 07:59  
Blogger RoRicka said...

happy birthday!!!! i love the evolution of your hair over the years! fabulous pics.

22/2/06 09:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great way to celebrate. Happy Birthday to you!!!

22/2/06 09:59  
Blogger Alison said...

Happy Birthday Ol McDonald.

(I will also go ahead and write the same thing on facebook, on myspace, on friendster...)

I'm excited for your new year so be blessed.

22/2/06 10:43  
Blogger Amadeo said...

I keep remembering that if I do a retrospective of that all my pictures from 1995 - 2003 would be incriminating.

22/2/06 12:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sum-Sum,

I call you after "the man" lets me go home for a couple of hours. Even though we've been friends for quite some time, I never saw the prom picture. Absolutely gorgeous. Love ya

22/2/06 15:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUM SUM!!

22/2/06 18:38  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Yay! Happy birthday!

22/2/06 19:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my damn. Summer was all super girly and shit. That's a beautiful ass dress for real though. Oh and excuse me miss are those new pumas (black with gold laces) I see you wearing?
Happy smurfday too.

22/2/06 21:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i haven't checked your blog in a minute, but what a great day to visit! the photographic evolution of summer is so interesting. i see you wearing the best jordans ever in 96.

enjoy your birthday.

and here's to kobe bryant breaking a leg (if you remember our chi-town conversation).

rocksteady

23/2/06 08:53  
Blogger lilmzbabygrl said...

Lovely pics, Summer...

I guess that means I must post my prom pic now, huh? Damn, I hate making promises like that...

Happy Birfday playa..

23/2/06 10:29  
Blogger jb said...

bon anniversaire! the prom picture's hot stuff.

23/2/06 11:49  
Blogger nubian said...

i like the version of you now, as opposed to the "tryna be a girl"

hotter this way!

23/2/06 14:13  
Blogger Jdid said...

you're looking great. happy belated birthday

24/2/06 08:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

even though you warned us, i was not ready. its a beautiful picture. i haven't checked the blog in a minute either, and this was a great month, to visit.

toc

25/2/06 21:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm, I'm going to go ahead and be that beyotch and say...

How the hell you gon' look better in your prom dress then me, when you really wasn't even trying to get no dick.

What a fucking waste, yo!

Just kidding.

Happy belated birthday.

Hope you had a good time.

28/2/06 13:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home