Tuesday, August 02, 2005

snippet of a random conversation take 3




summer m.: i just want to thank you again for not being a crackhead.

mom: you're welcome.

********************
in related news, just in case you missed it, in response to friday's essay, summer m.'s and jneezy's mommy had the following to say:

ok, i know i'm late but here's why i love you both:
1) you both have way more on the ball then i did at your age (independent women, throw you hands up at me...)
2) you know who you r and you go with it
3) u r both fuckin genius' in your own right
4) neither of you r in jail
5) you don't care what other people think
6) you loved me even tho it wasn't cool and you still do
7) you're both honest
8) even tho one of you doesn't have a job--i love ya babe [that's be me]-- you're both really hard working
9) you tell me when it's time to throw away my clothes
10)you correct my spelling; who knew xena was spelled with an x :0
11) you accept nala as your sister
by the way, tink [that'd be janelle]--#4 is nothing to be proud of :).
143,
X

i'm just a hater tryin' to spread a lil more love.


language alone protects us from the scariness of things with no names. language alone is meditation. ~toni morrison

5 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

But you know, updating a blog every day is kind of a job. Hence my own laziness in doing that recently. (Which is not to say that I have a job, just that I don't like doing anything which seems like it might take the energy of having a job).

I don't know how you do it. I'm just saying you really ought to get paid. Also, I'd already read the replies from your sister and your mom, and have decided that I envy your family. :) (But glad all the same that I didn't grow up in Indiana--I've spent enough time there to know).

2/8/05 22:07  
Blogger summer of sam said...

@lee: let me be the first to say that my family--like e'rybody's-- is dysfunctional. we just embrace our dysfunction. we're quite proud of it. hell, we had shirts made.

3/8/05 00:07  
Blogger Phoenix said...

i love that your moms said fuckin'. that's hot.

3/8/05 02:04  
Blogger nahmix said...

your mom is the best! lol @ #10 & #11...i love it!

3/8/05 17:11  
Blogger RoRicka said...

family makes me happy. lol @ the xena with an x comment. that IS love. most people would let a person keep spelling it with a z, tombout them behind their back saying 'she ignorant, spelling that shit with a z. you don't fuck wit the warrior princess.'

your mom is awesome!

3/8/05 21:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home