Monday, October 31, 2005

(start a rumor monday...)

do it for shoeless joe

now, i know a couple of you wanted me to comment on janet miss jackson if you're nasty's alleged 18 year old child (and maybe i will a lil later in the week), but i just felt that as an almost chicagoan it was important that i dedicate at least one post to the 2005 world series champion chicago black white sox.

also, since everyone was so distracted by sheryl swoopes' announcemnent that she caught the gay, no one really paid attention to some of the gayer events of the week, namely, the chicago white sox world series celebration. thus, as a public service to you, i now present a photo entry, "the chicago white sox: 88 years is a mighty long time."

pay attention, kids. here's a quick lesson: cause.



effect.


is that in inches? yeah, right. i may have the lesbian strain of the gay, and it's been a long time since i've seen one, but i've read bernard bradshaw long enough to know that even for a superstar athlete that's an exaggeration.


whoa. i just johnny fived on jokes that all involve the term catcher.**



frank thomas asks: "did we just win the world series, or are you just happy to see me?"


no glove, no love.

you promised to hold me when it was all over.


i like it when people touch my hair, too.


though the yahoo! photos caption called him a well-wisher, i do believe that this is ozzie's son. can someone get freud or cholly breedlove on the phone?


seriously, do i really need to caption this?




yes, whatever you're thinking is exactly what i'd say.

**johnny fived: meaning, i, or my brain, short circuited. yeah, like the movie.


language alone protects us from the scariness of things with no names. language alone is meditation. ~toni morrison

7 Comments:

Blogger chase said...

holy shit....picture me in the dark reading this as he tries to sleep and i try not to bust a gut laffing.....good one, lol

31/10/05 00:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO WAY...Summer this is freakin' brilliant. I love it and I am really really curious about rather or not that is Ozzie's son because damn..that is a helluva embrace and kiss. I understand the "heat of the moment kind of excitment" but damn!!

But this here is just hilarious and brillinat!!! You know that you are the shit Summer M.

Blu xoxoxo!!

31/10/05 03:17  
Blogger Amadeo said...

Perhaps it's just the geek in me, but I was hoping you'd address George Takei (Star Trek's Mr. Sulu) coming out.

31/10/05 14:09  
Blogger RoRicka said...

or b.d. wong! he came out too.

this post is great. i was laughing so hard i had to excuse myself from working for a few minutes.

31/10/05 15:13  
Blogger Jdid said...

lol, sports celebrations are quite interesting arent they

1/11/05 05:09  
Blogger Harold Gibson said...

why am I so not surprised that bd wong is gay?

so is deondray gossett and countless others.

It is amazing to me (give me my baptist robe and COGIC tambourine)that you heathens can only see sex (help me holy ghost!) in the pure child like expression of joy that come from success in sports. Y'all betta be careful else y'all gonna bust hell wide open. (Give me my church fan with the cute chillren on it!)

1/11/05 07:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always thought that the largest percentage of men that go into sports just want an airtight alibi for all the butt smacking, man wrestling, and muscle rubbing that they have secretly craved all of their lives.

1/11/05 15:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home