this weekend's essay: road trip
this weekend, saf and i are heading to c-town. nothing major. she just needs to get an emissions test or something, and i'm coming along to make sure her black ass doesn't fall asleep at the wheel. (is it me, or does anyone with parents who put them in the car as babies to help them sleep have major issues staying awake while driving or riding in an automobile?)
so i was just wondering...if you were gonna take a road trip:
- who you wit' (pick anyone)?
- why did you choose him/her/them to roll with you?
- where y'all goin'?
- whatcha drivin'?
- what's in the cd changer?
- __fill in the blank__
- who you wit' (pick anyone)? rrrrachel
- why did you choose him/her/them to roll with you? we need to bury a body. i need new
teefteeth, and rrrrachel wants a graphaphonephonograph.
- where y'all goin'? jefferson, yoknapatawpha county, mississippi
- whatcha drivin'? a pimped out buggie, nigga.
- what's in the cd changer? i don't think the buggie has a cd player, but just in case it did: prolly some erykah, lucinda williams, carole king, otis redding, and cody chesnutt b/c the nigga got so much heart.
- __my mother is a fish.__**
have a good one.
**ps: any (anonymous) commenters/admirers who dig and/or understand the references in my answers to the road trip questions w/o googling it will receive a free roundtrip plane ticket to chicago, along with a weekend stay at le hotel summer m. b/c, you know, i'd officially be in love with you. simple as that.
language alone protects us from the scariness of things with no names. language alone is meditation. ~toni morrison