Tuesday, November 01, 2005

snippets of a random conversation take 7



mom: you know XXX died.

uncle (yes, my mother's brother; and my favorite uncle.): no! how?

mom: his house caught on fire.

uncle: what happened?

mom: well, i guess it started in the bedroom. and you know he's been using that medic alert since he had that stroke. he pressed the button, but they couldn't get to him in time.

uncle: so he was cremated?


if this proves anything, it's that if i go to hell (though there is no hell), it had nothing to do with me. blame my genes.


language alone protects us from the scariness of things with no names. language alone is meditation. ~toni morrison

4 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Ok, I just choked on my cheese and crackers. Not good.

1/11/05 19:51  
Blogger Harold Gibson said...

(Ripping the church fan from the dumpy humpbacked usher)Y'all goin straight no stopping for grace.

2/11/05 10:45  
Blogger lilmzbabygrl said...

i see where that sense of humor comes from in all spectrums now... it's really a family trait.

And, I'll see you there also cause i spit out my coffee laughing at that one.

3/11/05 06:47  
Blogger deshi said...

i had to read that twice. i thought it was you instead of your uncle.
my bad. blame it on the drugs.

3/11/05 19:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home