Friday, June 10, 2005

this weekend's essay: i got a crush on you!!!!


this weekend's essay: who's your blog crush? you know, the blogger whose blogging personality you really like. i, for example, have a big crush on gbe. i figure i'd give her a shout out and further contribute to 'her myth' since she's convinced i wanna fuck her. well, you know, it's her myth so...

i also just loooove nick. he's so damn cute--like, f'real.

you know the drill...

----------------------------------------------------

also...
fecundmellow: the mixtape part ii (the ep)
i'm a blogstar, baby!!

summer m. (did i just refer myself in the 3rd person?) is heading to the empire state with her mom and naleezy for the week. since internet access is as of yet undetermined, i can't promise i'll blog at all next week.

(stop crying, please...and put your monitor down.)

i've hooked you all up with another mixtape. i don't think any of you fucked with the first mixtape, but that's ok. just in case you get lonely and bored in the blogosphere, i'm doing this anyway. below, i've hooked you up with 3 blog-related activities for the weekdays i'm gone. you can leave all your work in the comments section.

pace yourselves.

  1. monday: start/suggest a rumor. if my dumbass can do it, you sure as hell can.
  2. wednesday: visit postsecret. this is a blog i came across recently; it might be the greatest blog ever. basically, people reveal secrets on postcards they've created (see below). highlights include: 'i had gay sex at church camp...3 times'; 'everyone who knew me before 9/11 thinks i'm dead;' and...
  3. friday: this weekend's essay: tell me how much you missed me while i was gone.

  4. love,
    summer m., blogstar


language alone protects us from the scariness of things with no names. language alone is meditation. ~toni morrison

17 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

My blog crush is totally my girl tiona. but she's my cousin, so that's not exactly kosher. but i'm from Arkansas so i guess it's ok . . .

10/6/05 11:26  
Blogger nahmix said...

I got a major crush on a certain londoner !

10/6/05 11:37  
Blogger PonderingNegro said...

Larry Lyons... lawdhammercy

10/6/05 12:13  
Blogger NicksFlickPicks said...

[[ 500 miles away, Nick blushes like a cartoon character ]]

Summer, your entire, growing fan-base in Ithaca knows that you are my blog crush.

But you're coming to NYC a week too early! Otherwise, I'd propose we meet at the top of the Empire State Building at midnight, etc.

xo

10/6/05 13:47  
Blogger deshi said...

damn, i am laughing my ass off at moya's response... :D

i don't have a blog crush. it's hard enough keeping my real life crushes in order...

10/6/05 19:29  
Blogger Harold Gibson said...

Of course summer you are my blog crush. My wife was gettin kinda funny when I kept saying that summer is a funny woman. She is this that and the other. She read you and she says it is okay. You are totally not hetero.

I loved the mixtape. It was a good way to get caught up fast. You are prolific. I don't want to call it a crush, but Bernard Bradshaw's Sex and the 2nd City is my nasty vice.

Have a great time in NYC

10/6/05 23:13  
Blogger summer of sam said...

@moya: that was super funny. i love southern jokes.

@nahmix: i think that londener has a crush on a certain chicagoan

@nick: you have no idea how many times i've told nahmix how cute i think you are. i'm glad to be your blog crush. and thanx for hypin' me up in ithaca--it's gorges! (that's right, right?)

@deshi: c'mon, you gotta have a crush on someone's internet persona.

@harold: i guess even my internet persona isn't a threat to any woman with a husband or boyfriend. btw, sex and the 2nd got crack in it...that's the only way for me to explain my addic(k)tion.

peace, y'all.

11/6/05 08:17  
Blogger NicksFlickPicks said...

All right, Summer, I took the bait. Here's my best effort.

13/6/05 00:10  
Blogger Jdid said...

blog crushes ahh so many crushes so little time sigh!

13/6/05 06:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, here's a major confession...Moacir has been my blog crush for like two years now. Aww. My blog will neva be as cool as his.

13/6/05 11:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer, I have to say, you're my blog cruch, even though I know half of what you're going to post before you post it.

13/6/05 20:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crush, not cruch.

13/6/05 20:25  
Blogger summer of sam said...

@gbe: uh...you're welcome?

@mwilli: your internet persona is a dyke--with great taste in women.

@saf: awww, sweetie, you just love to hype my head up, hunh?

14/6/05 11:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just have a healthy appreciation for your brand of your humor. That's all.

16/6/05 12:17  
Blogger RoRicka said...

since this is my first comment in your blog, but i've been reading for a while now, i have to say you so it makes me sound like less of a lurker. crush has a much better ring to it than internet stalker, no?

17/6/05 21:39  
Blogger Dr. S said...

not an essay, but I will say that your trip to nyc left a big gap in my week's humor input... looking forward to today's rumor!

20/6/05 09:04  
Blogger summer of sam said...

@roricka: lurkers are sexy. btw, you should enable comments on your blog.

20/6/05 13:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home