contemplations... ruminations during the b.e.t. awards
because, you know, i had to watch that shit.
- wow, i love black awards shows. you get to see the black versions of commercials you see on regular television. (except for kool-aid. kool-aid has white people in their "black" commercials b/c they have us on lock. so does kfc. and mcdonald's...lightweight.)
- you can separate the literate niggas from the fantasias. (i know i'm not the only one who gets nervous when a nigga has to read the teleprompter during an awards show. mm hmm. you can always tell.)
- FREE LIL' KIM.
- why does b.e.t., the naacp, etc. continually give awards to black (and multi-racial folk) who, if i may paraphrase that nigga ye, don't really care about black people (tiger woods, etc...)?
- where else can one display such bad grammar? oh. over on mtv.
- this is a great time to compile a list of "cool ass white people". hall of famers: de niro, ebert...
- chris brown is like a place holder for usher until he gets back from wherever he is, ain't he?
- if jamie foxx fucked chris brown, they'd have b2usher.
- "the rhythm nation moment" marked janet jackson's music video golden age.
- i like how mary j. blige got/stays famous.
- kelly rowland HATES beyonce. oh, yes. she hates her in ways we can't even imagine. yeah... she'd take mrs. jay-z out if she could.
- (the aftermath of) hurricane katrina is yet another catastrophe in a loooong line of fucked up shit that the u.s. has done to black people. (and why we'll always fuck with gospel.)
- i hate it when whitney houston is in rehab. (that's the only way nippy wouldn't be at the bet awards, right?)
- how in the hell does this nigga ne-yo perform after they honor harry belafonte?
- NONE OF THESE NIGGAS CAN SING.
- mary j. blige is white people's most beloved hood chick.
- beyonce is our generation's greatest performer. (as much as i'd like to, i don't really hate that i had to say that.)
- there's no 18. i just prefer even numbers.
language alone protects us from the scariness of things with no names. language alone is meditation. ~toni morrison